Benefits of Dental Implants that Repair and Replace
Whether it’s through decay or an accident, most people will lose a tooth at some point in life. But when this happens, there’s no reason to put up with a gap in your smile. Cosmetic dentistry can provide several solutions.
The most straightforward way of replacing missing teeth is through traditional dentures. A more convenient alternative is to have dental bridges fitted. However, most dentists will tell you that the most effective and long-lasting solution is to use implants to fill the gap.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are like-for-like replacements for missing or badly damaged teeth and can replace single teeth or several.
They work by having artificial roots fixed to your jaw bone, which slowly fuse into place naturally. Once the roots are fully secure, they’re capped off with realistic crowns to restore an even smile.
The Many Benefits of Implants
Dental Implants may take slightly more time to fit than typical dentures, but the benefits they offer make up for the initial inconvenience. Here are ten reasons why.
- Although fitting the implants is a lengthy process, it’s a permanent one. There’s no further maintenance required, nor any need for replacements a few years down the line.
- Implants look exactly like real teeth, repairing a damaged smile completely undetectable.
- Implants strengthen the jawbone, preventing the sunken look that often comes with dentures. Implants stay in place without slipping or clicking. Implants don’t interfere with your speech.
- Fitting implants doesn’t damage neighboring teeth and doesn’t require them to be ground down to make room. Implants don’t irritate your gums or cheeks, something even the most carefully fitted dentures can do.
- Implants can be brushed and flossed just like ordinary teeth, with no special care or hygiene products needed.
- There are no restrictions on the foods and drinks you can consume.
- Implants are made out of durable material and deeply rooted into your jaw. You don’t need to worry about damaging them through everyday activities.
Dental Implants are a relatively major dental procedure, but they’re probably the most effective way of replacing damaged or missing teeth. If you have a gap in your smile that you want to fill, ask your dentist if they’re a suitable choice for you.
If you’re interested in getting dental implants and want to consult with a professional, you can search online using the term “dental implants near me.” When you’re ready, choosing a highly experienced and knowledgeable dentist is essential.
If you are in the NYC area and surrounding tri-state area, Maiden Lane Dental is your best choice. Our medical team are experts in the field of dental implants and is ready to meet with you. Contact Us.